Sunday, February 6, 2011

I've woke up to the new world... I believe I've been here before.. I play the fool here correct?


The rain came down last night in Boston, sometimes very hard. It meshed with the slush and ice to create a treacherous sidewalk path.


After getting out of practice with the band, I was exhausted.. coming home, sliding & slipping up my stairs. ripping wet clothes off, wrapping up in my terrycloth robe.. was both comforting & reflective. It was a long day, where people told me things that only now surfaced.

Like a bear defeated by winter, I slumped into bed, unlike a bear, I grabbed my mp3 player to listen to Cuba Libre by Elmore Leonard.

I then find myself in the waking world of Sunday morning, 37 degrees & rising, finally a day of melting..
melting snow revealing the forgotten world beneath, like my driveway or the things she told me yesterday..
So I'm typing to sort, to express.. typing into twitter is like conversing with a mirror, other than sharing links & flirting does anyone other than the author really absorb the whole message?

I love the song "Sunday Morning" by the Velvet Underground because it so encapsulates the most revealing moment in the week. Sunday Morning is the time when you can look around you and see what your life is.
Whatever you work for, whatever you spend the rest of your week fighting for, I hope its lying next to you right now or nearby.

I woke up Sunday morning without her, but I did have my cool mp3 player packed with Elmore Leonard books and Nina Simone albums.

So that's what I got right now, Elmore Leonard & Nina Simone... and I guess you build from there? (could be worse) ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment